Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Our coat nook

Merry Christmas, all! Well, I don't know what happened to these last 2 months but it has been a whirlwind of events around here, therefore no blogging- but I have been pinteresting still! So here's a round up of the last few things that I have done. I received a wonderful little hand held camera/ camcorder for Christmas that has revived my need to blog again!

This is our first project. We finished this about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I love it! It makes it so nice and easy for people to know where to put coats and shoes out of the way. It has been very helpful with all the large gatherings we've had lately:)

This is the BEFORE:
Very dated looking, I tried to make it as useful as I could think of with putting the chalk board contact paper on it...
 

 Here it is: doors off, painted and we put in this coat hook. I made it from a drawer front I found at Habitat for Humanity Restore ($5!) and added the coat hooks from Lowe's,( $1 a piece or something like that)

 To add a little more "custom" feel and make it not look so closet-y, we added this piece of molding over the cheap-o shelf.

 Added some baskets...


 Here's the fabric I chose to cover the little toybox bench seat. I found it at Hobby Lobby. I also bought 2 square foam pads there to cover with this lovely fabric.

 So cute! The best part about this bench, is we already had it! Just had to screw the back on to make it like a bench and added the foam cushion seat.

 

Here it is all done! the AFTER, so nice and open now...

 This is what I was kind of going for:

DIY Entry Way     DIY entry way storage-- modify for foyer?    Front Closet turned mudroom
thehouseofsmiths.com                  ana-white.com                             cultivate.com


For a low budget version, I'm pretty happy with it...

















No comments:

Post a Comment