Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Crafts for kids

A few weeks ago we made these:

A little different take on this idea. I think a little easier, and less mess! The girls both had fun gluing them down. I just cut a piece of construction paper in a circle and traced their hands a bunch of times on other fall colored paper. Then I stacked the paper to cut out the tracings. Isabella even cut out her own handprints! For the first week after hanging them up, Livi would point to it proudly and say "make!"

Source : Evolving Mommy
"thankful" tree
source: http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

I really liked this idea. I want to make this a November tradition. Last year ( and this year) I go on the bandwagon of writing one thing that you are thankful for on Facebook. It is a great thing to really think about a new thing each day. We really are amazingly blessed! Starting to think in a thankful way can never be taught too young! I cut out some tree branches and stump out of kraft packing paper. I cut out the leaves with my Silhouette machine. So far it's going pretty well. Bella is doing great thinking up things that she is thankful for (sometimes with a little prompting from me). Here's ours;)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment