Saturday, November 3, 2012

Here we go! Day 1

Soooo, I decided to be purposeful in actually using my "pins" that I have on Pinterest. I seem to have a little addiction with the site. By starting this blog, I will not just be "hording" my pins to use for a rainy day (or um, let's face it- never!). I can see how they actually work for me (and hopefully you, too!) As you know, there are many different types of topics on Pinterest. Most of the things that interest me are home decor, crafts, homeschooling my preschooler, and cooking.

Today's first entry is this:

Williams Sonoma Chocolate
Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I found the recipe here : http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2010/06/real-bundt-and-giveaway.html

Ok, so first thing you should probably know about me is I have been known from time to time of forgetting an ingredient, putting things in the wrong order, or getting to the middle of the recipe and then realizing that we either don't have any or enough of one ingredient! Then, I'll decide on the spot if I think it's necessary and totally leave out, or (thank God for Google!) find a substitute!

So, I was a little short on the brown sugar. I only had 2 cups, instead of 2.5 cups. I figured with all the other chocolate going in this cake, there would not be a loss of sugary sweetness to this! I also don't own a sifter, so that part about the flour- yeah, I just dumped in 2.5 cups. I always dream about someday getting all those little gadgets that I don't use all the time, but every so often there is a recipe that calls for things like sifting, using an immersion blender or a double boiler.

Rises pretty high, and oh so chocolately!


This cake turned out pretty good! It is heavy and had some bits of chocolate that melt in your mouth. I didn't have any more chocolate chips (or the heavy cream) to make the ganache. Honestly I'm sure that it would be even better, but the cake itself seems rich enough for our tastes. Especially if you add a little ice cream!;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment