Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Throw Pillow Covers

I have had this fabric for a while. When I was at the store, I knew I just had to buy this because I just loved the pattern so much. I didn't have a particular thing in mind to make with it. These throw pillow cases were just the thing! I'm working up some motivation to finish the other one, but here is the first one. I really like just having the fold over and button. That way you can change them any time you want. I have a "vision" for how I want my house to look, unfortunately my budget ( and husband sometimes) don't co-operate! So I do little things here and there to get by. This little fix is a step in the right direction for the way I want the family room to look.

Chic Pillow Cover
Source: www.bgh.com

Here's mine:


Here's the step by step guide in pictures....
Figure out the amount of fabric you need, I did this by folding over the fabric and having some extra for the fold over part. Make sure to leave a little room for a seam allowance.
 

Fold the bottom part and sew wrong ends together. Flip it over to the right sides now... Sew the raw edges together for the flap part.


Look! Now the pillow fits snugly inside.

Find a button and I hand stitched it on. I figured out where to place it by folding over the flap and just eye balling it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment